Sweetpea Pantry is back! After receiving such incredible feedback from their feature last year, it only felt right to invite them back with their deliciously wholesome flapjack mix.
Haven’t got your box yet? Get it here!
This delicious Vegan Ginger, Thyme and Rhubarb Crumble is the perfect way to end a festive meal, or even as a slightly indulgent breakfast! We’re hooked!
For the topping:
- 1 x pack of Sweetpea Pantry Super Oat Flapjack
- 30g Coconut Sugar
- 40g Pumpkin Seeds
- 40g Sunflower Seeds
- 115g Coconut Oil (softened not melted)
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
For the middle:
- 350g Chopped Rhubarb
- 4 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- A few sprigs of fresh Thyme (using this herb just takes the recipe to the next level)
- Preheat the oven to 18oc
- Mix together all of the topping ingredients either by hand, or very gently in a blender.
- Chop the Rhubarb into 1 cm pieces and toss with the coconut sugar, ground ginger and thyme sprigs.
- Either place the rhubarb in one large pie dish or in separate smaller ramekins (I tend to make individual portions and freeze them, so I have a great dessert on tap).
- With your fingers, crumble the topping mixture evenly over the rhubarb.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until top is lightly browned and bubbling.
- Serve with topping as desired – we love ours with coconut yoghurt
- 8. Tip: If freezing some, bake those for 20 minutes only and allow to cool before placing in a ziplock bag and put in the freezer. Defrost fully before putting back in the oven for another 20 mins.